What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help

PLS HELP ME!. I really need help, really... My pinguicula leaves are so short, and they are burnig, the point of the leave have a gray color, the base of the leave is white!!, and short. My Dionea, almost is dead too, I dont know what to do!
confused.gif
i have a small green house but in day is very hot like 30 celciuos, mmm i tink 87 fahrenheit. the roof of the room is made of polycarbonated plastic or someting... Please help me Soon as us can.

I forgot someting, should i put all my plants on the green house??, the sun look ok, tks and see ya.

smile_k_ani_32.gif

GET THEM OUT OF THERE QUICK!! They are burning up in there!!

Most CP's do very well on window sills, open tray. Is that an option for you?

Wait, they are in a terrarium, should i put them in the green house ?(i tink no), i discover a lot of small whithe/gray like insects, i see them move in the roots of the pinguicula, she is almost dead.
What is a window sills?, i hear pinguiculas are plants for new ppl, but if it dies, what plant can i have?, the dionea is so bad too, but i tink she look better, i hope they get weel soon. no1 have idea why the leaves of the other change ??(mutate??).

Windplant,
Just to clear this up, what conditions are your ping in? They are in a terrarium, but what are the conditions there? Is there air circulation? What is the lighting?

Dionaea are best grown outdoors in full sun. Both pings and dionaea require good air circulation, so you do not want your terrarium closed.

Basically, there are only a few things to think about: Lighting, water, temperature, humidity (not really that important), and soil. You need lots of light, distilled or rain water (not tap!), reasonable tempratures, and the right stuff to plant it in. Most people use peat and sand, or peat and perlite. There should never be any fertilizer used.

If you could detail all these things, we can figure out what is going on. Don't worry, you can do this, even if these particular plants die.

Capslock

Hi, all bad thing happen just wen i put the new 13 wats 6,500k light, but i change to the old bulb type it is a 20 wats yellow light i tink 4,500, the box wen it comes dont say more information just 20 wats but it is a very yellow light, i tink i know what i do bad i read an article... it say pinguiculas have a disease called Browning heart disease, i dont see any nematodes, but there says it happend always in hot wet terrariums, i tink the carnivorous plants like that. i tink i wrong, well i put my dionea in the green house, but i have fear the fly like insects go to other plants, i love all my plants, and if that insect atack others?, that scare me. well see ya all, just a question, what is bad for a drosera?, if all the mornigs the terrarium have water on the glass is bad?, see ya and take care.

Back