What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few mexican pinguicula pictures

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Mexican Pinguicula are my favorite pings.

I took a picture of my Pinguicula moranensis because it is starting to divide. I decided to take pictures of my other Mexican Pinguicula while I had the camera handy.

133Pmoranensis.jpg

Pinguicula moranensis dividing

133Pesseriana.jpg

Pinguicula esseriana

133PAphrodite.jpg

Pinguicula 'Aphrodite'

All ya need is heart-shaped bloodworms on their leaves!
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Nov. 01 2005,5:36)]All ya need is heart-shaped bloodworms on their leaves!
smile_m_32.gif
Funny you mention that. I was trying to remember who does that. They just had a post not long ago and can not find it.
I think she used the freeze dried ones and made them wet and then placed them on the leaves. Do you know if that's correct Scott?

PingMan does the freeze dried blood worms

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]PingMan does the freeze dried blood worms

Yes, but does PingMan painstakingly arrange the bloodworms in heart shaped patterns using the loving touch that only a woman possesses?

Anyway, nice mexican pings!

Brian

I think that was Cindy that does the bloodworm hearts on hers..
smile.gif
Absolutely beautiful plants elgecko!!! I like the middle pic with all of them all around each other they are very beautiful.. Thank you for sharring with us..
smile_m_32.gif

That was definitely Cindy, our Singaporean moderator!

Looks like there's a stow-away in the first pic. Those dews get everywhere!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chloroplast @ Nov. 02 2005,8:46)]Looks like there's a stow-away in the first pic. Those dews get everywhere!
Sure is, D. capensis 'Albino'.

The Pinguicula esseriana also has some stow-aways. Can you find it, and name the plant?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (elgecko @ Nov. 02 2005,9:04)]

The Pinguicula esseriana also has some stow-aways. Can you find it, and name the plant?
Ping. lusitanica?

P. lusitanica.. I agree.

Nice to see someone else has green pings too. Mine all colored up nice when I first moved them outside, but slowly went back to green.. Now that they are back indoors, they might go opaque on me..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (philcula @ Nov. 03 2005,1:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (elgecko @ Nov. 02 2005,9:04)]

Ping. lusitanica?
We have a winner!

It was thawed frozen bloodworms, guys.
smile_m_32.gif

hearts_on_pings_rs.jpg

Great plants elgecko, as usual.

I would love to try growing P. esseriana someday. Is it an easy plant to grow? It's so pretty
smile_n_32.gif

Thanks for the info Cindy.

LLeopardGGecko,
It has been growing on a windowsill going on 3 years now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (elgecko @ Nov. 01 2005,7:20)]Mexican Pinguicula are my favorite pings.
What kind of medium do you grow your mexican pings in?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ Nov. 03 2005,11:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (elgecko @ Nov. 01 2005,7:20)]Mexican Pinguicula are my favorite pings.
What kind of medium do you grow your mexican pings in?
Equal parts of peat moss, perlite, and LFS.

Yes, there appear to be a few seedling Pinguicula lusitanica in the bottom right corner of the photo, but there appear to be a few sprouts of Sphagnum and possibly other moss species too.

Pinguicula esseriana has been one of my favorite Pinguicula species for a couple of decades now. Here are some photographs of the same clone in slightly differing conditions and at different times of the year:

P_esseriana_cloneA_low_lgt.jpg

P_esseriana_cloneA_med_lgt.jpg

p_esseriana_lg_AA1_web.jpg

p_esseriana_lg_side_view_AA1.jpg

Wow. All the plants pictured are so beautiful! You just gotta love a ping.
smile.gif
I can remember when the Ping Forum had few posts. It seemed like they were not highly in favor with CP growers but now...quite a difference!

Cindy, you definitely feed your plants with LOVE. lol

I'm really starting to love Pings. Hopefully mine will look as beautiful someday as the ones in this post!

Back