What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this normal?

I have only one ping, well now I do :p and it's a P. x fraser's beauty or is it spelled frasier? Well anyway, I made several cuttings of it, so I have 3 plants, one big one and two small ones. Yesterday, it rained alot and so today I went to check on my plants and what did I see. The two small plants just divided, all the leaves just separated. The big one is stil intact, but the other pings' leaves just separated, is this normal?w

Those mexican ping leaves DO fall off fairly easily. I dropped one, buttered side up, oddly enough, and 3 leaves fell off.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Dec. 08 2005,4:01)]Those mexican ping leaves DO fall off fairly easily. I dropped one, buttered side up, oddly enough, and 3 leaves fell off.
LOL!!!
smile_n_32.gif

Yeah, I received a P. kondoi and it came as all individual leaves, like it exploded in shipping, now I have a few plants and have traded or given away a few...

My P. esseriana lost many leaves when it got hit by rain, there are plantlets all around the main plant from leaves that fell off.

I think it all depends on the species tho, some put up a pretty good fight whem I try to take a few for cuttings, others fall apart if you breath on them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Dec. 08 2005,2:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Dec. 08 2005,4:01)]Those mexican ping leaves DO fall off fairly easily. I dropped one, buttered side up, oddly enough, and 3 leaves fell off.
LOL!!!  
smile_n_32.gif
Max, I'm glad I can provide entertainment for ya! The Aphrodite & Titan that also dropped a few leaves. But hey... they're still green and if I desire to see what's happening beneath the surface, there's a good possibility that there are some good things brewing!
smile.gif

So having the occasional leaf dropping is a good thing - more plants! *Send in the Clones*

Back