What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ping not opening

i have a mexican ping, and i repotted it a week ago. but the leaves dont seem to be opening very much. im giving it full light (the leaves are kinda pink), and also have oil on it. how could i make the leaves open up more.?

Can you post a picture of what you mean by not opening?

How could they have gotten "oil" on them? My experience with oil on plant leaves is that it quickly kills leaves it touches.

Which Mexican Pinguicula? There are many differences among them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PinguiculaMan @ Dec. 09 2005,8:30)]How could they have gotten "oil" on them? My experience with oil on plant leaves is that it quickly kills leaves it touches.

I think he means the sticky gunk that the pings use to trap insects.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Drosera36 @ Dec. 09 2005,8:36)]I think he means the sticky gunk that the pings use to trap insects.  
smile.gif
Doesn't pinguicula mean something like, ''little greasy one''?

Oil kills plants because its a petroleum, AKA Hydrocarbon, thats why we don't use petroleum based insecticides on our plants, because not only does petroleum do a fine job of killing insects, it will also kill your plant!

I really think he we using the term 'oil' as meaning the grease, akin to Drosera 'dew'.

sorry, i meant the grease on its leaves. well i went on an adventure to the lighting store and bought some nice growlights. that solved the problem

Wow! results in 3 days? good going! Glad they're doing better for you.

Back