What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can i nurse this thing back to health..

Erm.. my brother has this gigantea and it used to flourish and grow. (it was 3 inches) but then he neglected it for a while -_- so it's 1 inch and has 3 leaves. Anyway I put it into my lowland tank (which seems to do well for everything).. any way it can get better? I know most mexican pings are pretty hardy... also how easy would it be to make a leaf cutting? easy as esseriana? thanks.

I have taken a frozen gigantea that had only 1 leaf left and gotten it to 12" in a year so I'd say they are pretty bomb-proof. Open soil mix and good but not excessive moisture is the key.

Matt! Welcome back! Bad Captain... bad!
smile_n_32.gif

lol!! you remember captain alan haha. yes that's him
thanks for the welcome.

Anyway, after your story and 12 inch (?) growth I think it can pull through. thanks.

I've never grown P. gigantea, but with my experience, most of the Pings I've grown have been very hard to kill. I have this one pretty sizeable Mexican Ping that I neglected to the point where I was positive death was inevitable, but with good conditions it bounced right back within a month.

Just amazing!
biggrin.gif

Back