What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 1st Pinguicukla flowers ever!

<span style='color:Teal'>Hello Guys!!!  I want to share with you the first Pinguicula flowers i have ever had. I have been cultivating Pings for the last 3 years and finally i have had my reward.

A couple of weeks ago one of my Pinguicula primuliflora, i guess it is the mother plant, started to produce a flower talk, and then a second one.

Now, i have this.  The first 2 pics are of the 1st flower. The 3rd one is of the 2nd flower. The previous has already faded into a seedpod.

PINGUICULAPRIMULIFLORAFLOWER1.jpg

PINGUICULAPRIMULIFLORAFLOWER2.jpg

PINGUICULAPRIMULIFLORAFLOWER3.jpg

I know these plants are very common among northern CP'ers, but for me, here in the Caribbean (Puerto Rico) It has been a real achievement, since i have always been told that i was not going to be able to cultivate P. primuliflora here. But, look at my beauties... I am really proud.

Do any of you guys cultivate this Pinguicula in the tropics? Let me know about your experience. Or if you are in a northern region, are these plants easy to cultivate?

Cheers
Jorge Joel...
Emilia's Garden

PS. Sorry for the 'K' i wrote in the tittle, my fingers use to do these types of mistakes.
smile_h_32.gif
</span>

Very nice, great job!

Congratulations and hope you continued success. Patience does pay off.

I live in the tropics and wouldn't dare try what you did! The flower looks great and I 'm sure you're really proud. Maybe I might try one of those temperate pings myself!

Great looking plants!

My P. primuliflora is flowering right now as well. Very pretty
smile.gif

<span style='color:Teal'>Hello! I have had a lot of patience with these Pinguicula in order to see their flowers, so iam really proud
smile.gif

But related with its cultivation here, in a tropical region it has been the easiest! I just received 3 plants, like a year ago, place them over the Sphagnum Moss in a pot and now i have countless primuliflora everywhere
smile.gif

Thank you guys, for all your comments!

Cheers,
Jorge Joel...
Emilia's Garden</span>

Back