What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. gigantea & 'aptrodite'

These two pings were both kind enough to flower
smile.gif

P. 'Aphrodite'
12.jpg

P. gigantea
giganteaSmall.jpg

The mainenance worker having lunch
maintenanceSmall.jpg

And while I'm at it, my A. avicularia molted today in his water dish.
avicSmall.jpg

Peter

Love the flowers and especially love the Pink Toe tarantula. Is it male or female?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]love the Pink Toe tarantula. Is it male or female?

I think its a male. The molt was shredded, so I'll just have to watch for an ventral picture opportunity.

Peter

love the pics. gota love those pink toes! i have one myself. i like the plant pics too
smile_m_32.gif

Is the "maintenance worker" a D. rotundifolia?
If it is, is it the regular form or "evergrow".

Maintenance worker is the snail feeding on the fruit fly I fed to a D. x watari. I actually have a nicer specimen of the watari; I'll see if I can get pic of that.

Peter

And though it means straying farther from the subject of Pinguicula...

Avicularia avicularia
avic01Small.jpg

and D. x watari
watariSmall.jpg

Peter

It's a shame it shredded its skin, unless mature that is the only way to tell which sex it is. If it matures it will be very obvious if it is a male it will have hooks on the front legs and boxing gloves on its palps. Have you seen these ones jump!!! I tried catching one that was on the side of the tank to clean it out and it leapt clean across my hand to get away.

Heres a link to a selection of pictures I took when my salmon pink bird eater moulted last time.
http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5379&start=0

Back