What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tis ping season!

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
I've been enjoying the flowers of these plants. And yet, they keep producing! So I finnaly got off my lazy butt and took some pictures before they decide to stop flowering!! (Except for P. rotundiflora... I missed the flower on that one. :-\ )

plaueanaxmoctezumae3-6-2006.jpg

psethosxfrasbeau3-6-2006.jpg

pgina3-6-2006.jpg

pesseriana3-6-2006.jpg

preticulata3-6-2006.jpg
(It may be all in my head... But it seems that P. reticulata closes its flower every night...
confused.gif
Perhaps I should pay closer attention and see if that is true, or I'm just not looking close enough! But it seems i've seen a "new" flower on this plant opening every morning, but there are no dead ones here...)
And one just for you Joseph... It all seems to be doing okay so far
smile.gif

ptray3-6-2006.jpg

Hope you liked!
Andrew

ohhhh very nice andrew! very nice indeed. i have 3 baby Moranensis on the way and i hope i dont kill them like i did my N. 'Pirouette'
smile.gif
. is P. Gypsicola availiable anywhere?!?!? i have looked all over the place but cant find one. is it worth all the effort during the dormant period(i hered it wasnt easy)?? once again nice pics
alex

Nice pics and nice plants too. These are in your greenhouse I assume?

Peter

Rubra, they are currently in my little green house here that only gets a few hours of sun each day. They will soon be moved to the new bigger greenhouse with tons of light at my parents house though.

glider14, I havn't had it that long yet. Wish me luck...
smile_m_32.gif

Andrew

VERY nice! They all look great.
smile.gif

Nice, nice, very nice! Andrew, do you feed your pings with freezedried bloodworms or the like?

Not generally or on any kind of schedule... Although a few days ago I did infact sprinkle some on there because I found the container of it that I lost a looong time ago. haha

Looking good - very good. I am anxious to see how they do once you have them in your larger greenhouse.

Wow, they all look great. I need to start taking pictures of some of my plants now that I am learning how to grow them more successfully. Good job!

Back