What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pot idea

Hey you guys, just had this idea on my mind for awhile now. I wanted to see what you guys think. I noticed in some pics before of people growing their pings in pots on its side and of pings growing verticle in the wild. Which by the way, love the pictures you take Fernando. So before I make anyone fall asleep reading this, Im thinking of making a pot that is kinda shaped like a gazing ball. The top will be opened like a normal pot but there will be holes on the side of it, sorta like a strawberry planter. Im kinda not sure on if I should put drainage holes in the bottom because it might dry the soil out way to much. Also I am thinking of glazing it mabey a slate color. Does this sound like a good idea, or would it just be a pain to try and grow pings in? Also if it might work, what color should it be?

Sounds like a good idea to me!I have thought about the strawberry planters before for varies cps.So do you make pottery,or is this your first project?

Jerry

No, its for my pottery class at school.  I have already made four pots so far for my carnivorous plants. But we are doing a piece with multiple holes next, and I have been thinking about doing a pot like that for a little bit now. So i was like sweet now i can make it.
smile.gif

edit: now i just thought of something else. For the holes I can put a reverse handle kinda thing so it holds the soil in. A lip sorta

Sounds like a cool project!When you get it finished can you post a picture of it?

Jerry

Whoa, I'm lost. Why do people grow pings in pots on their side?

cool85k5- Im for sure gonna be posting pics of it, i also need to take pics of the other pots i made. and CopcarFC- I think its because thats how some of them grow naturally. I could swear i saw a pic of it on epbb's site pinguicula.org

I grow my pings in the middle of the pot condensed with all sorts of other CPs

Back