What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not sure what kind of Pings I have here...

Hey all~~ I just recently got some Pings for postage from Copper, but I can't distinguish between the two of them. So, my question here is:

Until a flower grows for identification, what growing conditions should I keep them in for the best results? I am DEFINITELY a newbie grower in the wide world of Pings. I was hoping that they would be a one-habitat-fits-all kind of thing. But, after a little research, I have found that to be very far from the truth. Gotta admit, it has me a little stressed at the moment, because one of the two appears to be drying out after the transplant. HELP!!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

What soil media do you have on hand at the moment? I do nothing more sophisticated than mix sand and peat, and have the pot sit in a plastic container of water, right a window sill.

AF001101.jpg

Right now I have them in a 50-50 dried sphag/perlite mix. Also, what kind of sun conditions should I give them?

Anything from east to west. Mine are all facing south.

Back