What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ping Question

a91a0e26.jpg

Just a baby, but Ive had this guy for about 6 months...and He has struggled to survive. Any sudgestions on care? It is a mexican ping and I think its a P. moranensis. I did get a P. clyoseta with it but It died! :'(

any sudgestions on how to care for it? The size of it now is a way over grown 1mm!!! hehehehehe

Thanks!

I have baby pings (moranensis, lauenae, etc...) sitting atop moist, but not wet LFS. They are growing

I have to agree with Jim. Move it to a bed of moist (get it wet and then squeeze until no water comes out) milled sphag. If you can put it in a covered container as well that would be even better.

by milled to you mean Chopped up? I will move it soon.

Yeah, or you can just take some dried stuff and just rub it really hard so that if falls apart to the consistancey of sawdust. That is what I do

i put it in the VitaMix blender
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ July 13 2006,12:44)]i put it in the VitaMix blender
biggrin.gif
LOL! reminds me of an old SNL skit, involving a blender and fish - Bass-o-matic:

Bass-o-matic

Mexican Pings seem to be the easiest, most forgiving CP's to just pick up and move. I do it all the time to pluck leaf cuttings.

wow. that poor fish! lol I wonder who drank it?

a8781b21.jpg

Me? I use ulu blades to cut my sphagnum moss! Now once it gets bigger should I just transplant it into the pot it was in?

wow dude. usually when i have a single plant that small that doesn't do anything for six months i throw it away
confused.gif

That is sooooooooooooo tiny!!! To think i was going to buy those seeds I saw on ebay!!!!!!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

good luck

it was orginaly about 3 times the size... I feel so horrible.. This is whats left

I have many Mexican Pinguicula and my conditions are not exactly, "just like their natural habitat", so when I am propagating I frequently have those that, for whatever reason, are slower than the rest, sometimes even as small and slow as the one you show in this thread. Sometimes I just dump them, but more often I just keep transplanting them and most times they eventually find conditions that suit them and they take off.

well the only reason this one sticks around is cause its my only ping!

I've had pings that size before. It seems to take them forever to do anything, then bang they take off.

Back