What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. primuliflora

Okay so I have two pinguicula primulifora in two different growing conditions.
One of them is slightly shaded by a shade umbrella and the other is growing in direct sunlight.
And today I noticed that the shaded one had much longer but skinnier leaves that were darker in color, and the one growing in full sun had shorter fatter leaves that were lighter in color.
I also noticed that the one in the shade has a bunch of plantlets on it's leaves, while the full sun one doesn't have any.

Does this normally happen? If you have any imput it would be very appriceated.

Thanks!!

I know that in lots of sun, plants tend to get smaller, since they don't need to stretch for the light. My P. primuliflora has tons of little plantlets on its leaves, but I don't know why one of yours doesn't. How long have you had it? Sometimes it takes a little while for it to make them after it goes into a new environment. If your P. primuliflora's leaves are skinny, you should give it more light. Do you have a pic of the darker leaves? P. primuliflora doesn't make pinkish leaves in the sun, though occasionally you will see some light veins on them.

Hope this helps,
-Ben

yeah my camera isn't working so I don't think i can post a picture but my other pping is just a darker color of green than the normal lime green. And as for the plantlets on the leaves well the one that is currently producingplantlets is older than the other and has been in my possesion longer than the other one without them.

just be happy you have two growing...............this lil bugger is as frustrating to me as adelae. i cant grow it in any conditions
smile_n_32.gif

other than im unsure on the plantlets, what your describing sounds normal.

It could just be how old the plant is, it might not be producing plantlets yet, though it would have to be pretty young to not produce plantlets. Have you checked under the leaves? Sometimes the plantlets get trapped under the new leaves that form, and they grow hidden under the mother plant's leaves. rattler, I could give you an endless supply of pings to try to grow, mine never stops making plantlets, and the plantlets seem to be making more plantlets!

-Ben

im short on room as is and was told yesterday ive got a surprise package coming. ill skip them but thanks for the offer

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Aug. 15 2006,4:43)]just be happy you have two growing...............this lil bugger is as frustrating to me as adelae. i cant grow it in any conditions
smile_n_32.gif
I have the same problem! Mine die so fast after I get them, I'd be better off with just a pot of soil to stare at. I managed to keep one going for a year before it finally succeeded in dieing on me. My last one didn't last 6 days.
confused.gif

Congrats on getting yours to grow Dave.
icon14.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Aug. 15 2006,6:43)]just be happy you have two growing...............this lil bugger is as frustrating to me as adelae. i cant grow it in any conditions
smile_n_32.gif
Now Drosphyllum luscitanicum is a difficult plant!Those are EASY plants!
confused.gif
Even my cobra lily lives under my care.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Back