What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. gypsicola

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
In the past I could never grow P. gypsicola. But now, in my green house... I guess something is different! Cause it's grown through its 2 phases back and forth... and now in flower! Is it common for the flower to have little to no stalk? It's a 2" x 2" x 2 1/4" pot. Enjoy the pictures
smile.gif

Andrew

pgypsicolaflower.JPG

pgypsicolaflower2.JPG

pgypsicolaflower3.JPG

Cool little thing. I need to start getting some pings for my collection. I like em more the more I see em.

Congrats!

BTW, where does everyone buy those square pots? I have a terrible time finding smaller pots for my CPs at places like Lowes and Home Depot. >_<

I buy them in super bulk (multi thousands at a time) I think that's the only way to get them.... there are quite a few suppliers online that sell like that. but some of them you've gotta have someone that owns a company order them for you, as they dont' sell direct to the public.
Andrew

i re-use the pots my mom would ordinarily throw away from lowes and home depot

Very cool to see gypsi with a flower!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Mine just came out of dormancy last month and looks like a spidery thingy. Love it!
Peter

Neat little plant! Someday....

adnedarn,
Very nice.
I just got my plant early August. So far it looks very good with lots of new growth. I'm growing it on the windowsill.
How did you used to try to grow them that failed for you?

Indoors under lights. Same tray method etc etc... My humidity was around 50% and day/night temps did not varry by very much.

Congrats Andrew! I must say Ping photography would be much easier if the flowers always grew that close to the plant.

Peter

I can buy the square poits, but I have to get them by the case of about 900 pots or so. There is a seed place in town. Tricheck and if people want to go in on a case I can get them and divy them out. I would be willing to go in on some square pots. You can also buy them on fleabay, but its pretty pricey and only a couple people sell them.

Andrew Nice plant! Way to grow.

Ahhh only in bulk. That makes things difficult.

HELLOOOOOO!!! FLOWERING P. GYPSICOLA!!! lol :- )) If you're looking for little tiny itsy bitsy pots... like the one shown... (2" x 2" x 2 1/4" (tall) ) PM me... Maybe we can work something out... If you want larger than that... I currently dont' have many left- so i'm keepin 'em
smile.gif

Andrew

Sorry for the hijack! Your plant looks great! congrads on the flowering! I don't know much about these guys so I was not aware it was hard to flower. Very nice I would like to try one one day. Way to grow Andrew.

ok heres a question...are you going to self it and distribute the seed among your fellow growers............................................................................ ............................................................................... first dibs! jk jk
Alex

....if only... i had... some... fellow... growers... hmmmmm.... haha
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Aug. 28 2006,5:35)]....if only... i had... some... fellow... growers... hmmmmm.... haha
smile_n_32.gif
now i wonder where we would get these....

update on my plant :) or shall I say plantS :D

1018071819a.jpg

Joseph Clemens, among other things, suggested crushed coral as a growing medium. I mixed that and peat and sand and that seems to have worked. I guess they like an alkaline environment. Here's a couple pics:

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

Very nice :) Mine has some of that too... He gave me my first plant, potted ;-) These 4 are just coming out of the little succulent growth. They had been that way a long time, so I started top watering and it only took a few weeks to get to this point.

-Andrew

I tried sending two of the plantlets out this summer and both were DOA. Not the best shippers in the world.... that and P. jaumviensis.

Back