What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Schultz aquatic plant soil

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
I had a though. SAPS is tiny tiny little pebbles of baked fullers earth. It's very light and won't buffer PH. 10 pounds is only about 6 dollars and some change. This sounds perfect for pings. It's porous and should hold some water, too.

I thought i'd give you guys a heads up.

I've been using it for some of my Mexican Pinguicula, mixed with iron oxide powder and silica sand, for about 2 years now. I recently observed that plants growing in it were producing exceptional root systems, so a month ago I began converting most of the Mexican's to this media. The results appear good. I am keeping my eye on them, bus, so far, so good.

I was auctually thinking of YOU in particular when I posted this!

ok, you guy's got me interested in this stuff. I picked up a bag of Schultz APS today at Home Depot to try on my pings!

Peter.:cool:

im messing with it as well..............prefer messing with it than perlite. to early to tell anything but hasnt hurt anything ive placed in a mix with it yet

Back