What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Pinguicula can look like

Joseph Clemens

Staff member
Here is a link to a small photo gallery I just put together with quick shots of 14 trays. I have more than 100 trays like these and scores of 3 inch community pots in ziploc bags. I hope this can give the potential Pinguicula grower an idea what these plants can look like. Back when I first began adding them to my collection I didn't really know what they might look like or what size they grew.

Photo Gallery Link --> Link to gallery

Here is a sample shot:

22OCT06_1.png

Very nice Joseph.

What is the ping in picture 22OCT06_4.png in the upper left hand corner that is red?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (elgecko @ Oct. 23 2006,1:03)]Very nice Joseph.

What is the ping in picture 22OCT06_4.png in the upper left hand corner that is red?
22OCT06_4.png

All three reddish plant on the left side -> Pinguicula 'Weser'.

awesome looking plants.....................your worse than i am
smile_n_32.gif
course i decided 60 some pots of Utrics was more headache than they were worth
smile_n_32.gif

Joe,

How you give your plants light?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CPsInAtl @ Oct. 23 2006,6:11)]Joe,

How you give your plants light?
I designed and built some cheap wooden shelving, 4 shelves high. Each shelf is wide enough and long enough for 6 trays, and 4-foot long fluorescent lighting fits lengthwise.

I bought cheap 4-foot long fluorescent fixtures with electronic ballasts, cannibalizing every other fixture to rewired the ballasts into the fixtures I kept to use (overdriving the cheap cool-white fluorescent lamps that I use). I found out how to do this on the internet. It burns out the lamps sooner, but puts out much more light before they do. I mount two fixtures above each plant shelf.

I run everything on digital electronic timers and change my photoperiod between 14-16 hours per day, down to 10 hours per day - with no actual intention to emulate nature (I change it randomly). Doing this seems to inspire more flowers. One shelf I keep on 24/7/365 (constantly).

*major drool*

Back