What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Tray Images

Joseph Clemens

Staff member
Here is another gallery, hopefully of some different trays from the first group:

Tray Images

Is that P. 'Huahuapan' that I see in the fourth pic in the upper left corner and a bunch of other pics?
biggrin.gif
Mine seems to be beginning to make winter leaves as well.

Really nice plants.

-Ben

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Drosera36 @ Nov. 10 2006,9:16)]Is that P. 'Huahuapan' that I see in the fourth pic in the upper left corner and a bunch of other pics?
biggrin.gif
Mine seems to be beginning to make winter leaves as well.

Really nice plants.

-Ben
Image, "TrayK.jpg" has two Pinguicula 'Huahuapan' on the right edge top and bottom. There may be others, I wasn't sure which tray you were referring to.

This one:
TrayK.jpg

I was talking about tray 'D' and that one too.

-Ben

wow...those gypsicola are blinding me!!
oh.gif

Alex

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Drosera36 @ Nov. 10 2006,10:06)]I was talking about tray 'D' and that one too.

-Ben
Here's tray D and the breakdown follows:

TrayD.jpg

First row, left to right: Pinguicula agnata, Pinguicula hemiepiphytica, Pinguicula reticulata, Pinguicula cyclosecta, and Pinguicula gracilis.

Second row, left to right: Pinguicula reticulata, Pinguicula 'Enigma', another Pinguicula 'Enigma', and Pinguicula pilosa.

Third row, left to right: Pinguicula cyclosecta, (Pinguicula laueana (CP2) x Pinguicula emarginata), Pinguicula cyclosecta x Pinguicula emarginata), and a Pinguicula with a missing label.

Oh, the Pinguicula hemiepiphytica looked like P. 'Huahuapan' to me.

-Ben

Yes, I see what you mean. The foliage does look similar, especially in the photographs, when you're not looking at them in person to catch many more angles.

I was wondering if you do anything to your plants to induce them to flower besides fert?

-Ben

For some of them I get them to bloom and usually produce winter form leaves by cutting them back to 10 hours per day of light for a week or two. They start looking pale and that bothers me, so I don't like to do that for very long. Many just keep blooming, others, bloom and rest, bloom and rest. I am still working to discover triggers for some of those I've been growing 6 years or more.

Back