What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Pinguicula is growing all stupid....

I find that various Mexican species or hybrids respond to different stimuli for producing their winter-form leaves and/or for initiating flowers.

I am saying that winter-form leaves are not hybernacula, though the plants are producing differently shaped leaves, they never stop growing, hence they are not dormant. Most will change their leaf form despite temperature, photoperiod, or moisture levels. A few will respond to a 24 hour/day photoperiod and plenty of moisture by remaining in summer-form leaf.

The P. 'Titan' that I got from you did that last year before forming a tight onion-like bulb and resting for about 1 month. Shippin must have brought on resting behavior. Its fine now and has formed a large clump.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (the great cornholio @ Dec. 29 2006,2:37)]The P. 'Titan' that I got from you did that last year before forming a tight onion-like bulb and resting for about 1 month. Shippin must have brought on resting behavior. Its fine now and has formed a large clump.
Mine have never "rested", only produced smaller sized leaves for short periods of time, between producing larger leaves.

Back