What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula gypsicola

Joseph Clemens

Staff member
Most of my Pinguicula gypsicola have grown into these 4.0 - 4.5 cm diameter buttons. Very interesting growth pattern. With cooler temperatures this season, they've grown even thicker than usual.

gypsicola_1315C.jpg

Oh wow very impressive! I love the... um... hairs? Stalked glands? Whatever, very nice. Thanks for sharing

nice! it almost looks painted :D
Alex

That is a weird looking plant, Joseph, VERY cool to see it in this stage of growth (well, whatever it's doing)

Now I gotta hope a Canadian somewheres has one :D

I'm expecting to see clown fish swimming around in that picture. Incredible looking plant :0o:

Great pics in the additional image link. Interesting to see the various phases of carnivorous vs. non carnie growth!

Very cool ping.....
Peter.

Awesome plants!

JUST yesterday I was gonna ask you for pics of these. Spooky.

Not trying to change your mind, but I am not one that follows that odd notion of carnivorous vs non-carnivorous leaves. Close observation of many hundreds of plants reveals to me that, though winter form leaves often have fewer digestive glands, they almost always have some. In nature absolutes are rarely that.

I don't always believe everything I read, at least not before I test it for myself.

Last edited:
Back