What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now what?

Well I made some leaf cuttings of my P. 'Huahuapan' (thanks Joseph) about a month ago, and now, I can only see one that has begun to bud and do that kinda stuff. They're in a bag with moist LFS under some lights, so should I just leave the lil leaf there, or take it out and put it into a pot? It seems to be developing pretty dang quickly.

-Ben

Just leave it be until it's large enough.

Don't get me wrong, you can pot it up if you want but I like to let them get at least quarter-sized.

If the original leaf has withered away, you can cut it away without disturbing the clone if you wish. I do.

I would start an acclimation process by just plain opening the bag, before moving to a pot of their own. I currently have several Mexi-ping leaf sprouts in baggies, most of them there for several weeks. I'm in no hurry to move them and they don't seem to be protesting.

Oh, well the bag has been open the whole time, since it would get too wet in there if it was closed. lol

-Ben

Back