What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. 'Titan' waking up!?

• Thread starter glider14
  • Start date

glider14

Always a newbie
it just went resting back in december.. is the resting period alredy done!?
IMG_0430.jpg

Alex

yeah my P. 'Sethos' os doing the same thing.
and is actually sending up a flower stalk.
I'd keep an eye out for one if I was you.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's curious, mine have never, "rested", just produced different leaves, and flowers.

Once again, he just means that his made those different leaves, that's all.

-Ben

Many of mine have just recently started making the winter leaves and I don;t knwo if any have reverted back yet or not. I almost thought they were not going to put out the winter leaves untill it hit all of a sudden. I have a couple in flower that have been in flower too.

P. titan hates me :( They hated my nice terrarium with HID light so I threw 'em in a old 10 gallon aquarium under a wimpy little 65 watt PC and now they decide to take off.

Go figure lol

That's curious, mine have never, "rested", just produced different leaves, and flowers.
well when i was typing that i put dormancy. knowing you would come in a correct me(haha) i put resting. i meant it produced those winter leaves for only about a month and now its returning.
Alex

Are they or aren't they --- dormant

Alex,
Well, it is only my opinion. Some people who also grow these same plants, do not agree with me. I respect their right to be wrong; I’d better, maybe my plants fail to exhibit true “dormancy” simply because of my different growing conditions.
<o =""></o>
Though I have much respect and appreciation for Fernando Rivadavia and all the marvelous field work he is doing with CP, including Mexican Pinguicula I have trouble assimilating statements such as:

In his, POSTCARD from Mexico N°9 ---
In regard to Pinguicula cyclosecta, he said, “The hairy compact winter rosettes were a beautiful gray-green-blue color and the closed flower buds showed a dark blue venation over a white background, the spur overall bluish. A beautiful species even in dormancy!”

Dormancy? Obviously this plant is growing. For goodness sake, its in the process of blooming. Why does he use the term, dormancy? Unless I missed something in botany or horticulture, growing, blooming plants aren't considered, dormant.

Back