What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

will this substrate work...

I was wondering will this substrate for mex pings work. 25% lava rock, 35-40% small gravel, and the rest is peat. I tried to see how it lets water pass through, I top watered and it's really (missing a word) non-compact.
This is how it looks:
img0222hd4.jpg

img0223lm3.jpg

Maybe I should change ratio of ingredients? What do you think?

Looks fine to me

ive grown them in pure peat for years and recently in 90%fired clay(aquatic plant soil) and 10% peat....................yours will prolly work just fine :grin:

Lava rocks might get in the way abit, Ima check out Rattler's Mexican Mix next time I pot up some Mexi-Pings, sounds to be good!

One would think that, but somebody(maybe it was Pyro) told me that ABG has grown P . cyclosecta on pure charcoal, so they can handle a course mix.
How much is this aqautic plant soil that is sweeping the nation?

Cheers,

Joe

Lava rocks might get in the way abit, Ima check out Rattler's Mexican Mix next time I pot up some Mexi-Pings, sounds to be good!

IIRC the Schultz Aquatic Plant soil i bought from Lowes was $6 for 10 or 15 pounds...........

I LOVE Profile! It's my new favorite ingredient!

Back