What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm spazztic and stuff...!

Nope, it's in a pretty low-humidity environment. The hygrometer says 30% most of the time, although sometimes it gets lower when the heating system is on, and also, it could be a lot more humid around the plant, since it's standing in a large tray of water. Though, prolly not much more.

-Ben

That's cool since I can't easily increase the humidity of my plant shelf. :D

Good luck with your P. 'Sethos'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. That's a really pretty ping.....I love the pink pings. It's flower is really pretty too.

Thanks.

I was thinking of pressing the flower, then framing it. Anyone know how long the flowers last before they wilt?

And my plant seems to now be making two crowns or something; is this normal?

-Ben

I was thinking of pressing the flower, then framing it.

That's a great idea! You'll have to share the finished product with us when you do it.

xvart.

You asked for it.

DSCN3458.jpg

It's a pretty bad pic 'cause I only spent 5 seconds on taking it, and I didn't use flash, but you get the idea. The red stuff is a hibiscus flower that I dried a long time ago. It's ripped 'cause I stuffed it into a drawer and left it there for like 5 months. But it gives the picture an 'artsy' feeling. Also the thing itself could use some work, but it does look a lot better in real life.

-Ben

Thanks.

I was thinking of pressing the flower, then framing it. Anyone know how long the flowers last before they wilt?

And my plant seems to now be making two crowns or something; is this normal?

-Ben
Yes, quite often these Mexican Pinguicula will split their crowns while flowering. The flowers usually last from 2 weeks to several months, depending on conditions.

Nice frame work. Looks great. Would be a nice addition to any wall near some plants.

xvart.

Back