What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. titan refuses to wake up

just wanted to see if I was doing something wrong with my recently aquired titan. The rest of the pings that were shipped with it have woken up nicely and even flowered but as of not still no notable change in the titan. anything I should try?

couple months apart

img2674kw3.jpg

I have several P. Titans and they are all still in its winter bud stage. No need to worry, it will come out of it when it is ready. You will notice the center leaves start to grow.
I find that some Pings are quicker than others to come out of their winter leaf stage.
Peter.

Like Pingman, my Titan is just now starting to show signs of producing new leaves. I repotted it not long ago and removed 4 plantlets from it's pot.They all are growing new leaves now and are in a flourescent lighting setup within 4" of the bulbs so they are starting to really grow good.

thanks for the reassurance guys, just wanted to make sure I wasn't neglecting it.

i think my titan is retarded or somthing... i got 2 plantlets from the mother plant one is growing normal...the other is acting like the mother. they both are growing and making new leaves..... but they never unfold the whole way. none of my other 'Mexicans' do this. what could it be doing?
Alex

Hell I had the same problem with P. titan and then I got rid of it because it made weird leaves.

Hmmm. My Titan's do just the opposite. I grow them in my unheated/uncooled greenhouse on the coast in northwestern California. They grow big fleshy leaves and flower from December till March. When the days lengthen and it starts to get warmer, they form compact rosettes all summer. Then start to grow again in the cool fall.

JLAP, the titans you sent me are growing fine, with canivorous leaves, under floro light .
bellerophon, like others said it should wake up soon.
I still have some pings in full winter mode.
peace,
Zero

All my Mexican pings have been sitting on window sills and a rack, in an unheated stairway. Nearly all of them displayed winter rosettes during that time period and some are just now showing the new growth / summer leaves. I also have Titan, but that's a new addition.

IMG_0104-1.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

This is transitional from last year's growth to winter rosette:

IMG_0132.jpg

Back