What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with pings from seed

I seem to have bumper crop of P. plainifolia seeds about to ripen and need some advice on sowing them.

Thanks in advance!

I just sow em the same way that I saw drosera. Pretty simple really, though the only ones I've tried are weeds. (P. lusitanica)

Yeah, keep the seed wet and keep them semi warm like around 75 degrees F? maybe less. Good luck ;)

I’m trying a petri dish with a cotton pad ( the kind the girls wash their makeup off with). Soaked with ro water and a dusting of root shield. So far I have some nep and P. cyclosecta germinating. I just planted some more Ping seed I got in the mail today.
I haven’t had any luck the normal way.
Stephen

Not sure if this would be handled in the same manner as other temperate pings, but I was given seeds of P. grandiflora and I was told that they need a cold stratification. So they became part of my cold mud experiment in the attic, this winter.

IMG_0162.jpg

I did get germination by natural change in photoperiod and temperature.

Back