What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. 'Titan' whats wrong?

glider14

Always a newbie
hey guys! my P. 'Titan' its acting weird. the mother plant and one of its 2 leaf buddings are not acting right and the leaves are not unfolding all the way. the other plantlet is normal. what is wrong with this plant?
Mother
IMG_0953.jpg

plantlet 1
IMG_0954.jpg

plantlet 2 (normal one)
IMG_0955.jpg

Thanks
Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Same happened to mine and it grew fast, but this defect never went away so I got rid of it.

This happened to mine, and they were from the same place as Clint's, since I gave one to him. It did that for while, so I neglected it. It got super dry, all the leaves died, and it seemed to disappear underground. Then, I added water, and it got normal. Now it looks great. So I dunno what to tell ya. I suppose you could risk neglecting it, but I'm not sure if that's even what made mine better.

-Ben

alright. ill try it out Ben. ill have to move the rest of my pings to a different pot.
thanks!
Alex

I got mine from JLAP and they are growing fast and with normal leaves. when I got them they had that upright look like gliders.
I have them in 50% humidity temps 65-75, and under 40 watts of floros.
peace,
Zero

mine are in 70% humidity, 2 26 watt CFs (output of 100w each), temps 60 night 70-75 day.
Alex

hey guys! my P. 'Titan' its acting weird. the mother plant and one of its 2 leaf buddings are not acting right and the leaves are not unfolding all the way. the other plantlet is normal. what is wrong with this plant?
Mother

plantlet 1

plantlet 2 (normal one)

Thanks
Alex
They simply appear to be transitional leaves, partially in Winter-leaf form. Many of mine do this off and on, regularly.

I had a 'Titan' clone that did this for a little over a year after a rather serious aphid infestation. Not only did the leaves curl like that; they were super short, at most a fifth of the size of the ordinary leaves. It just went a way after a while - now that plant is huge and the growth point has fissioned several times. You may have to wait until some event triggers your plants to start growing differently. Perhaps a supplement like Superthrive might kick it into gear. I don't know how Pings react in general to Superthrive, though, so you might want to look into it before trying.
~Joe

Yeah, i've got the same thing going on i think

ping1.jpg

ping2.jpg

One thing I do that frequently inspires leaf-form to shift is lightly sprinkle with dried powdered insects, and another is to change lighting duration and intensity.

well. its reverted to normal...but only after i put them under 4ft shop lights.
Alex

Back