What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaf pullings thoughout the year?

Is it ok to pull actively growing leaves from my gypsicola for propagation or try and get the winter leaves? I also have a great looking ehlersaie(thanks for the lighting tips Joseph) amd want to pull from it also.
Thanks,
Mark W.

Last edited:
You can pull anytime.

xvart.

You can pull anytime. Try to pull a middle growing leaf that is not too old nor too young.
With summer leaves there may be more danger of rot than winter leaves, but i have pretty good success either way.
Peter.

You can pull anytime. Try to pull a middle growing leaf that is not too old nor too young.
With summer leaves there may be more danger of rot than winter leaves, but i have pretty good success either way.
Peter.

Ditto! And you can either put them in sealed baggies of slightly moist media, indirect light.... or place the basal part in the media, next to the parent plants, uncovered. Either way, ignore for about 3 weeks!

Yeah, you can pull just about any time. I just found some Laueanna sprouts on my cuttings!!!! Yay!!! :)

Back