What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

flowers

Untitled-5-6.jpg

Untitled-3-9.jpg

Untitled-2-11.jpg

Very nice.. Thanks for sharing

Someone is camera happy tonight!

What is the ping in the middle right of the first picture? It looks like it has split quite a few times like Ben's 'sethos' in his recent post. Is it possible to separate a ping when it looks like that? Or are they just making more growth points off the main one?

xvart.

Good job! Did you Mexican pings put your through a cold, dry winter?

Someone is camera happy tonight!

What is the ping in the middle right of the first picture? It looks like it has split quite a few times like Ben's 'sethos' in his recent post. Is it possible to separate a ping when it looks like that? Or are they just making more growth points off the main one?

xvart.

That's also P. 'Sethos' it looks like.

-Ben

That's also P. 'Sethos' it looks like.

-Ben

I was wondering, but it didn't have as much color from that angle. And since recognizing pings is not my forte... lol. It looks like rattler's has split four times? And if it is flowering that causes 'sethos' to split then it looks like it's about to happen again! Good growing!

xvart.

IIRC its not 'Sethos' though the same species were used for the cross. its a later cross and not a true 'Sethos' as that is a particular clone of a cross made at a particular time

my pings are constantly dividing like that. if you look at all the pings in the mini bog, they started out as a single plant i bought at HD or Lowes about 2 years ago. the purple flowered one with all the flowers has been physically divided atleast twice before and sent to other ppl. its fairly easy to divide them, just unpot and pull them apart.

Jim.....the ones in the first pic spent teh winter wet and at about 70-75 degrees. the mini bog spent the winter infront of a large single pane picture window so it basically spent the winter wet and cold........guessing it regularily saw 45-50 at night and ~60 during the day. even with a bright sunny day and the central air going to keep the office at 70-75, when its cold out side, anything within 12 inches of the glass is fairly cool

Back