What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ping hybrids under heat stress

Cindy

Staff member
Poor pings living at the equator. The ambient temperatures goes up to high 80s in the day and low 80s at night where I grow them. Their leaves are getting smaller and smaller.

I have since moved them to a cooler and shadier area. (Here's an old thread in which Tamlin explained about the Pings reverting back to its winter form under heat stress.)

hs.jpg

hs1.jpg

hs2.jpg

WOW, how much perlite do you use with those guys? That third one looks like it has battle scars! Did it have a run it with a rebellious bug?
fighting0074.gif

I think those are bloodworms. Cindy, are you the one that makes heart shapes on your pings with bloodworms?

xvart.

Your perlite looks like snow or candy. Yum!:-O
(Mine is stained and yellowish from the peat :puke:).

Yeah... where are the thawed, heart-shaped bloodowrms?:jester:

I think I have seen mexican pings being referred to as tropical butterworts, but when I think of Mexico, I think of hot and dry, desert-like. But that's probably a sterotype. I think they actually come from the mountains and that would be dry and 30 or 40 degree temperature swings in a day. This contrasts greatly with the Equatorial and tropical climate of Singapore, assuming they were outside or inside where there isn't AC.

I seem to remember taking a few pings outside, in the hot and humid Pennsylvania summer and the plants also got smaller. They practically melted.

Back