What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

please clarify for me.

glider14

Always a newbie
i got a P. agnata back in mid april. its doing really well now(thanks dave!) i was looking at it today and it has hairs with glue stuff on the back of the leaves!! if P. gigantea is the only ping with this...does that mean i have P. gigatea and not agnata? ill get a pic up in a few mins.
Alex

EDIT: well tomorrow ill get a pic...camera is out of batteries.

I'm quite sure my agnata's have stickum on the back at times. I will have a look.

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

Alex

Man it almost looks like a sundews that is a ping I want to get..........

once it gets bigger ill make a bunch of leaf cuttings. the thing that its in right now is an egg carton cavity so its pretty small...about as big as a nickel. it grows pretty fast though! look for me in the future you two :D
Alex

I have heard that at least one form of Pinguicula agnata has glands on both sides of its leaves. I even have one of these, but I remain skeptical, since it very closely resembles Pinguicula gigantea. I also have another plant that looks just like Pinguicula gigantea, but has only a few scattered glands on the undersides of its leaves.

so what would you assume this is Mr. Clemens? P. agnata or gigantea? i know a flower would be able to show the difference but right now i haven't flowered any of my pings :) even one i've had for over a year...and its adult!
Alex

No assumptions here - it could be either. To be sure, a flower is nearly the only way to be quite positive, though there are other ways, they can be much more problematic.

Back