What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I know that some people don't have that much luck with P. primuliflora as I do so I decided to show some of the different ways that I grow it, because I think that that might be one of the reasons.

Here's a pot of a little bit of everything, some P. primuliflora, D. intermedia, D. filiformis ssp. filiformis "all red", and some U. bisquamata that is 1 part peat 1 part perlite.

DSC00760.jpg

here's my second Mother plant that I grow in 100% peat moss with live sphagnum growing at the top.

DSC00761.jpg

here's my first Mother Plant that I grow in a tall pot with again 1 part peat one part perlite

DSC00762.jpg

Here's two that I decided to just try to grow in the hole of a chia pet that is accompanied by a little bit of live sphagnum and a D. filiformis x California Sunset

DSC00763.jpg

Mine grow great are your pimuliflora leafs thin or fleshy mine are really thin but they are growing good.

Looking real good!

Well, I just finally gave up on my little Prim and threw it out.

It shrank and shrank and shrank then finally rotted away to nothing.

No pings for me for a while 'til I get my green-thumb a lot greener. ;)

What was it in ? Mine is in a really peaty mix in a bog bowl and like it alot.

Mine all seem to have firm fleshy leaves.

I grow them all in a variety of containers, so if it holds peat and water I can grow it in it.

the pings you sent me (both primuliflora and the agnata) are doing great! its actually doing well(the prims)!
Alex

thanks!!! that's nice to know!!!
I hope that they continue to do well for you!!!

BTW: the one ping in the live Sphagnum is one that I actually get from a cube of death at Lowes

Back