What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watering mexican pings with tap water

Hello recently i have started growing a few mexican pings from the ones that grow on gypsum and limstone rock. Now they are growing well for me with the rain and ac water i collect for them. The tap water were i live have a high calcium content wich i cant use watering my Cps. I was wondering and i guss it would do no harm to the mexican pings if i water them with my tap water and that way save the rain water for my other Cps. Any body uses tap water for them?
What do you think?

Yoav

I'd try it on a couple of spare plants for a while first. There's probably more than calcium in your water and it could have an affect on the plants. I would also let it set out for a day or so, to allow the chlorine to evaporate.

Well the water source here all comes from underground or a big lake and all the water run threw the limestone rock so all water here ar +7 ph. What ohter arteficial chemicals could be in the water exept chlorine?

I'm guessing that Calcium Carbonate is in it. But everybody has a different source and treatment for their tap water. For some folks their tap water is truly CP safe, but for most of us it isn't. Can someone at the municipal water authority come up with a chemical analysis?

I wouldn't put them past fluoridating your water ;)
JackT.jpg

I wouldn't put them past fluoridating your water ;)]

LOL! I love it! That is exactly what I picture when I think about the public municipal water dictators! lol.

xvart.

Back