What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magic Window does it again - pic

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Here's a picture of my Pinguicula gypsicola that grows in the south facing window, flowering. :banana2:

Pgypsicola.jpg

Nice! I've never grown one of those, but I heard that they'r hard to grow. Looks good

They are not too hard to grow, but they do tend to stay in the winter stage for me more than the summer stage.
When they are in winter stage, they are suppposed to be bone dry, and should not be forced to grow.
Once active, it is safe to water again. They do seem hard to propagate, at least more so than the average ping.

elgecko,

Nice Pinguicula gypsicola and very nice photo.

It was suggested to me to mix in some crushed coral. Apparently, the like a more alkaline environment. I did so and they seem to be happy, although they could use better lighting.

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

Good job jimscott.

:-D

I love those flowers , !!!!!!!!!!!
It's a beauty and healthy mom........................

Sincerely ............/////////////

What a beautiful plant. I'd love to grow it someday.

I've got to say, even though Elgecko's patented Magic Window pumps out some awe-inspiring plants, Jim's Ping takes the cake.

*runs and hides from inevitable Magic Window revenge*

Back