What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula 'Weser'

hello.
I recently bought a Pinguicula which claims to be P. 'Weser'. I'll post pictures later, but i just wanted a few quick tips on growing pings, since this is my first one.
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
This is actually the fake garden center Weser, there are a lot of fake Wesers. Weser is a Mexican Cross so it should be treated as a Mexican species. They seem to flower prolifically in decent conditions. Basically keep the soil slightly damp or around there, in winter it'll need a dry dormancy (it should anyway... it's a Mexican cross) and it's not that hard to take care of. A good windowsill works fine with decent watering and you'll have dewy leaves and some nice flowers and maybe a gnat or two caught.

~NeciFiX :)

Post a pic of the plant and it's flower so we can tell you if it's P. 'Weser' or not.

Those P. 'Weser' are usually P. 'Tina' from what I've read. I bought 2 of those a few weeks ago, even knowing they were wrongly labeled ;) Just to start with pings.

Here's a P. 'Weser", one I got from Joseph Clemens:

IMG_0144.jpg

And here's a lousy picture of P. 'Tina':

IMG_0110.jpg

Notice a difference?

He got it from a store where they usually sell "Garden Center" Weser. Come on guys, he asked for some quick ping tips not Ping identification! :(

Tips? Hey, this works:

IMG_0104-1.jpg

That's a window sill in unheated stairway. So that means they get into the 90's in the summer and the 40's in the winter. I keep them watered in the summer and barely so in the winter. Their soil media varies, but centers around a mix of peat and sand. Some have LFS and some may have Perlite mixed in. Soil media isn't terribly critical.

Back