What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My mexican tank setup/plans

I have a 10 gallon tank with cfl lighting,
the lighting is very intense around 56 watts input like 200 incadescent equivalent,
I have another 10 with the same lighting the drosera are all bright red so I think that is very good lighting. I am planning on sloping the peat perilite vermuculite mix that ,around the top of the slop have a lava rock cliff with little pockets for the mexican pings. Is this an okay idea,is the lighting too strong,the tank will be around 75F from the cfls should I keep them cooler and finally I think I can keep the tank on a constant 14 hour photo periode.
Joseph Clemens has them on that and they go into and out of winter leaf stage.
I could go bigger like a 20 gallon long from the feedstore I could buy then cleanup if it shold be bigger....

dont need a tank for Mexi Pings.........i had some outside on my back step last summer....they saw 110* on a few days 90-95* was prolly the average daily high for the three months and 10-15% humidity and were happy....sun from day break to about 11.....dappled shade till 3 than sun from 3 to dark...... to much humidity with no air circulation raises the risks of rot......loosing them to low humidity is highly unlikely, wouldnt want to roll the dice on high humidity with no air moverment though

The cfls lower humidity even in my sopping wet drosera tank down to 50 from the heat,I thought of a tank for look s since I have a nice place in my room for a small 10 by my 55. It may not happen since I have not gotten any pms yet....

Back