What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula ehlersiae X P. moranensis

Hybrid of P. ehlersiae and P. moranensis, also known as the 'Garden Center Weser'.

The plant
DSCN2430.jpg

The flower has this solid magenta color that was very difficult to reproduce in the digital cameras that I have, but this is the closest to the real color.
P1010101.jpg

What is it called when it's the other way around?

I have no idea. I am not even sure whether this is the right name for this plant. Let's see whether anyone else can comment on this.

I was wondering of it is Sethos or Tina. I have both of those and they pretty much look alike to me. I also have this moranensis huautla x ehleresiae, which is a very hardy plant.

IMG_0111-1.jpg
moranensis huautla x ehleresiae

HPIM0849.jpg
Tina

HPIM0850.jpg
Sethos

IMG_0144.jpg
True weser

Hey jimscott! Is the white fuzzy stuff in your photos mold growing on dead leaves? I've been having continuous Ping troubles, and I'm still trying to isolate the cause of the trouble. I've tested light, moisture, and growing media. I'm just curious if your plants seem resistant to the mold growing along with them. Mine seem to be, but I can't be sure.

It's mold. Just cut back water and add more light. You could also apply a light dusting of cinnamon to the affected areas.

jimscott: Sounds like good advice. I've also switched from peat/sand/perlite to peat/sand to pure Schultz APS. I've noticed renewed vigor in all of my plants after the transplant into the APS. It's a very airy medium which only holds a small amount of water. It also seems to be fairly iron-rich. I'm hoping that this will solve my problems. If so, great success!

guqin: Sorry for the hijack. Those plants are spectabulous!

Back