What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. 1713

so i found my ping sprouting a baby next to it, reminds me of the whole chicks and hen thing. does this mean ill have a second one soon? or is it making its final struggle before dying off? i wasnt aware that it would do this. one leaf died off and in its place is a new sprout. and just fyi, it hasnt produced a flower or anything, just barely living from what i could tell.

ill try to get a picture up as soon as i can.

~b

The succulent leaves of this species behave almost like gemmae. If one breaks free it'll bud and make a whole new plant.

Likely what happened here. Something dislodged the leaf from the rosette and nature took its course

this gives me an idea, thanks!

~b

No worries.

heres a photo of what im talking about...

IMG_0759.JPG

~b

Yeah, just a leaf budding off. THis guy is real prone to doing that. Witness this pic:

Enigmaball2.jpg

out of curiosity Pyro how many growth points are on that plant?? I had a gracilis that was shipped poorly packed, it produced 7 plants, i think the plant in the pic has more than that.
Or is that plant from TC all of my plants come out of TC looking similar to that??

Hey S,

The above plant is not out of TC. That pic was taken in a friend of mines greenhouse. He had his Pings in a spot where they were often getting bumped. That plant got bumped hard enough to knock the plant out of the pot and it fell to the staging and just kept on growing (along with a number of others). Not sure why it adopted the "ball" form but I would guess it was a side effect of only minimal water from the sprayers.

Did not do a count of the total growth points, just looking at the pic I see 14.

Back