What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipping P. gysicola

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
No matter what I do, this species of Mexican butterworts has to be th most frustrating to ship, being slightly worse than P. jaumviensis. I've tried dried peat and dried LFS. I just can't plants from point A to point B without fatalities.

A friend suggested shipping leaves. I think I'll try that and wrap them in a dry paper towel. Works for sprouting nicely.

Btw, both of mine are dead... :(

I think wrapping them in the folds of a barely moist paper towel in a zip-lock bag would do it.

I've never had a problem shipping that way - ever

Perhaps we can work out a trade. I have more pings not shown on your growlist.

Nah, thanks for the offer, but don't worry about it.

How are the plants that I sent you doing?

I have both proliferas in the same pot, and inch apart. One has lots of dew and the other only has one leaf with dew. Not sure why the difference, but I'm sure time will equalize things out.

Maybe in a few months....

They should flower within a year.

Oops! I'm off topic...

I read that D. prolifera also spreads, vegetatively. Anyways, are leaf pullings easier to ship and arrive alive than plants?

Yeah, it does. ;)

D. Prolifera plants seem to ship just fine, so shipping leaf cuttings shouldn't be necessary.

I meant leaf cuttings of pings, particularly gypsicola.

Back