What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ping, just transplant shock?

Yesterday I got my first ping (a P. Agnata) ever though the mail from Andy. As I'm a bit of a newbie to non-VFT CPs as it is, I'm not sure how they react for a couple days after the shock of being transplanted.

When it arrived it looked like a perfect little plant, however very quickly the lower leaves browned and the top ones have become very pale. I dont know if this is anything to worry about or I should just relax and give it a week or so to adjust to its new home.

I took this pic just tonight, I will try another one n the morning when I have some natural light.

ping.jpg

I think the little guy will be fine. I got 2 tiny ones from Andy as bonus plants and they came back very strong.

Should be fine. Just put it at a window sill or under artificial lighting, open tray.

Keep in mind that P. agnata is a slow grower, so you won't necessarily see it perk up as quickly as you would like. My P. agnata looked worse than that when I transplanted, and it has since doubled in size.

It'll be fine. One last thing... they do not like to be waterlogged, so I would let the tray dry up before you water again.

Back