What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not a Number

Hello, I must be going...
Staff member
P. cyclosecta (winter leaves)
07020009.jpg

07020012.jpg

07020025.jpg

(spring leaves)
P7060131.jpg

P. debbertiana (winter leaves)
07020011.jpg

07020010.jpg

(spring leaves)
P7060132.jpg

P. jaumavensis, P. esseriana, P. reticulata
P7060128.jpg

P. jaumavensis, P. reticulata
P7060139.jpg

P. esseriana, P. "1713"
P7060129.jpg

P7060138.jpg

P. ehlersiae, P. 'Pirouette'
P7060130.jpg

P7060136.jpg

P. moranensis x ehlersiae "Garden store 'Weser'"
P7060135.jpg

P7060128-1.jpg

(just for reference here it is in January)
01890025.jpg

P. agnata x gypsicola
P7060129-1.jpg

P7060140.jpg

This was given to me as P. 'Titan' but it looks to me like P. 'Aphrodite' or at least P. agnata x moctezumae
P7060133.jpg

P7060134.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Very nice and healthy pings. It looks like you are using aquatic plant soil for most of them. Is it a mix or pure APS?

Crystal

Pure APS with a thin layer of long fiber sphagnum on the bottom. The P. cyclosecta and P. debbertiana I got from pingman and looks like a mix of sand and APS but he uses pure APS too. The P. agnata x gypsicola I bought potted and looks like a mix of peat, perlite/pumice, vermiculite, sand and who knows what else.

They're looking real good!

....especially the P. agnata x gypsicola:bigthumpup:.............realy nice job!!!!!!!!!!!

I've only had it a couple weeks so the credit goes to Ron West and his nursery. How it will continue to do in my conditions remains to be seen :)

I want one of the gypsicola x one, is it rare though, I suppose?

Pure APS with a thin layer of long fiber sphagnum on the bottom. The P. cyclosecta and P. debbertiana I got from pingman and looks like a mix of sand and APS but he uses pure APS too. The P. agnata x gypsicola I bought potted and looks like a mix of peat, perlite/pumice, vermiculite, sand and who knows what else.

Very nice Pings, I like all of them :-O

And All of my Mexician Pings using APS are growing very well, except P.gypsicola. I guessed it does not like the APS (neutral) is not alkaline enough :0o:

It's another one of Leo Song's crosses from California State University Fullerton and at one time was quite common in stores in the US.

Those are all nice looking plants, Does your cyclosecta spend alot of the year in a winter rosette? I have had my cyclosecta for 3 years and it has never produced a winter rosette yet. The debbertiana is awesome looking, i have not had the pleasure of growing one yet, but after looking at yours i am going to have to find one. Thanks for sharing the pics, and great photography.

Those are all nice looking plants, Does your cyclosecta spend alot of the year in a winter rosette? I have had my cyclosecta for 3 years and it has never produced a winter rosette yet.

I don't recall when it phased into the winter leaves but it cycled through more quickly than any of the others I have. The P. esseriana is still in transition. A few of them the succulent leaves would transform to spring/summer leaves. Others would just start growing summer leaves.

I should have done more pullings on the P. debbertiana. The one that I did had multiple plantlets but is down to only one now.

Back