What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. ( laueana x emarginata )

Here's a quick photo of one of my pings, taken this past week. It's one of the few I can get to grow well. Hopefully I'll be fixing that as I gain experience. Thanks to jimscott for the plant. It came in one of his infamous newbie 10-pack giveaways last summer =)

Pxlaueanaxemarginata142.jpg

P. ( laueana x emarginata )

Last edited by a moderator:
It's gorgeous. What's the diameter?

xvart.

Thanks! It's about 1.5" accross. It reached that size right before this past winter dry period, and seems to be hovering pretty consistently. I'm going to try feeding it some freeze-dried bloodworms to see if it puts on any more size. I think P. laueana will get up to about 3" accross, but I don't know much about P. emarginata. The diameter of the winter rosette was between 1/2" and 3/4". Here are two shots of the succulent winter growth:

Early winter:
Pxlaueanaxemarginata004.jpg

Breaking into spring growth:
Pxlaueanaxemarginata015.jpg

Great job with it! Here's a recent pic of mine:

Phoyos039.jpg

Jim, looking good! When it came in and started to color up, it grew with these awesome lime green leaves with bright crimson margins, more like yours. It's been pretty dark crimson ever since. If I can ever get babies from leaf pullings to survive more than a month or two, I'm going to try one under a bit less light to try to find that lime green/crimson color again...

I can't get mine to do anything. It still seems to think that it is winter. I took several leaf pullings and they took well, but haven't done much since. Most of my pings are not thrilled with the idea of growing. What conditions do you keep this one in?

My media mix is essentially Perlite, eggshells, and crushed coral. Then it's just light and water.

Back