What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Variegation or just some temporary wierd growth

A plantlet has grown from my p. moranensis which exhibits variegated growth with
undulated margins. To make things even more interesting i have this plant in a tank next to a display case were i store my rocks and mineral collection.
Among my most cherished specimens is a small piece of uranium metal i bought as a novelty from a chemical provider. I think this is the result of a natural mutation due to the exposure from radiation. (like evolution occurs due to cosmic and bedrock radiation)
I just want to make sure this is a genuine mutation and not a common occurrence with plantlets. As i would like to apply it for a cultivar name.

Here are some pictures: excuse the bad quality, the variegation is much nicer in person, it seems to only occur on the edges

Picture2.jpg

Picture3.jpg

Picture4.jpg

Wow, that's very interesting! I've never heard of variegation on pings - only neps.

Don't forget to keep us posted.

Interesting...

Back