What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. ( gracilis x moctezumae )

Here's a photo of my P. ( gracilis x moctezumae ) putting up a flower. The plant is about 2 inches in diameter. It's growing in 100% Schultz APS under fluorescent lights. I have all my mexipings on the tray system. I fill the tray to about 2 inches deep with distilled water, then let it go dry for a day or two before refilling. The pots are about 4 inches tall. Please to enjoy...

Pxgracilisxmoctezumae152.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good! Show us another picture a few days.

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.

xvart.

Thanks for the encouraging words. Pics of ping flowers under fluorescents never come out quite the right color. I'll see what I can do sometime soon here.

Nice. I've been keeping Pings for a long time now but I'm only just beginning to appreciate them (because I've finally learned to keep them alive.) Do you use 100% APS with all your plants? I might try that... I've definitely had more success since I started using a larger ratio of APS and vermiculite with my collection. How tall are your pots? I always use little shallow pots because most of my varieties are so small, but I've begun to suspect that most Pings appreciate being able to grow their roots straight down.
~Joe

Back