What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Few Pings

Crissytal

What is and what should never be
P. Aphrodite
P1020835.jpg

P. gracilis x moctezumae
P1020836.jpg

P. Titan
P1020839.jpg

P. weser
P1020840.jpg

P. lusitanica - This is what happens when a seed pod drops
P1030064.jpg

New arrivals:
P1020979.jpg

Those are some mighty fine pings you have there :)

They look great! And orderly as well!

Great looking pings Crissytal they're all looking good and the dew on them is nice and shiny also the P. gracilis x moctezumae, P.Aphrodite, P.Titan, and P.Weser are my favorites in your pictures very nice colors.

ZACHRayBlue Crystal! They look great!!! Very orderly container you have there as well! :) Nice!!! Great color on that aphrodite!

Thanks everyone!

Pings took me awhile to get the hang of. That certainly didn't happen over night :)

Crystal

So is that community tray just loose APS with leaf cuttings? Good idea. Very nice pics, I really like the color of your P. weser.
~Joe

Hi Joe,

That's right. The community tray is just loose APS with plants and leaf pullings. What can't be seen are several holes in the bottom of the tray (shoebox) and it sitting in another tray. This way I can control the water level. I have to be careful though, since the trays are the same size, a very little bit of water can easily be squished out and makes a mess when putting the community tray inside the other. I learned this from experience lol. I need a slightly bigger tray to eliminate this problem, but it's working for now.

I also wanted to add, the community tray that you see is the same type of tray that I use to set my square pots in. Several square pots fit nicely into one tray.

Crystal

some real nice pings.. what sort of lighting arrangement do you use for them?

Thanks! Currently they are being grown under four T12 34-watt cool white fluorescent bulbs. Nothing special.

Crystal

Last edited:
Very nice! And I see you are from NC..how exciting!

Back