What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baby P. primuliflora

NaRnAr

Ive got Crabs!
A while back I got a primuliflora, and about a month ago I noticed it had plantletts and the mother plant went down hill and eventually died. But I have two plantletts that are doing well and have grown quite a bit!

I removed the mother plant from the one plantlett it was attached to...the mother plant was completely dead and was just sitting on top the soil.

Here they are a month ago:
DSC05655.jpg

and now:
DSC05709.jpg

:-D

very nice nar!

Nice save!

Thanks :D I just hope they do well!! Hopefully they like their new place, we moved and I dont have the window space/same direction window as it was in before. Guess well see! :)

AW! They are very cute!

One of the things that I've been slow to learn is that constant tweaking of conditions can set the plants back. Obviously, if something clearly isn't working, it's necessary to do something about it. It's like changing jobs. For an extra dollar an hour, or if your boss isn't a total jerk, it's probably not worth it.

Makes sense Jim. The bad thing is that all my windows face the opposite direction from what they did in my old apartment. So they are in an area where they can stay warm and get around the same amount of sun as before. Im watching the watering of them since they dont seem to be drying out at the same rate.

OTOH, you work with what ya got! My move, 2 summers ago, was a major step down for CP cultivation. I lost an attic with windows and an unheated stairway. That effectively took away good locations for my pygmy sundew & Mexican ping collection, as well causing me to farm my N.A. temperates to a co-worker for the winter. I hear ya!

I hear ya :) I had/have quite a collection of plants in general and a lot of them dont have a good window now and are suffering...ive taken cutting of some of them in hopes that i can root them and then plant them in the spring. ..things like my chenille, passionflower and even some of my spider plants are having issues.

Im a little worried about my full sun CPs like the VFTs and the sarrs as our new balcony is closed (the other one had a railing). THen we have this huge pine tree and a deciduous tree that when the leaves come back, I dont think I will have much sun for anything! Although I do see hooks from the previous people so they got something to grow! (or at least tried)

Ive gotta find a way to give sun to the inside CPs without freaking bf out with a giant grow rack lol

itll all get worked out! :)

Back