What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new Pinguicula 'Pirouette'

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
Just arrived a few hours ago. It arrived bare root wrapped in moss. When I took it out of the moss, alot of leaves broke off, which I plan to use as leaf cuttings in case something happens to the main plant. The soil is a mix of peat, perlite, vercumilite, and sand, with a very thin layer of pure peat on the surface to encourage moss to grow. The soil is damp right now and I have it under a growlight.

Thoughts?

MexicanButterwort2.jpg

And here are the amount of leaves that broke off. I currently have them on some damp soil to encourage them to grow.

cuttings2.jpg

I keep my ping in a half inch of water in a 3 inch pot at all times. I also keep it under cfl they really like a lot of white light. they stay pink if they are under the right light. if not they will turn green. They will still grow and flower but they are not the pretty pirouette color. anyways this is a great plant. I have tons of em you should have taken me up on the trade :) anyways if you got it where I got mine you will be happy with it. good luck o and they do like warm temps above 65 F

Ooh, nice! Just wondering, what are chocolate jimmies?

Looks nice. Careful, not to keep your severed leaves too damp, or they may rot on you.

This is really becoming one of my favorite butterworts. It's very pretty and seems to grow quite fast. I'll be able to chime in on growing conditions in a few days thanks to S oregon :)

Ahmad, nice looking plant.

nice disney world map. and great back up plan :)

Back