What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ping Tray

Cool. I really can't find to many Mexican Pinguicula where i live. Darn. Nobody trades anymore.

Your NOIDs are a bit on the young side unless they've already flowered, which is unlikely.

I'd say wait for flowers if you really want to know what those no-ID pings are.

The P. x Titan isn't confused; that's how the dormant leaves look on mine. When it wakes up it'll be back to normal.

I love the moctezumae.

Thanks Jeff, that definitely helps. P. 'Titan' seems tempermental to me. It has a mind of its own and entered dormancy when everything else was just waking up.

I'll post more pics of my moctezumae... it has 3 flower stalks being sent up right now and should put on quite a show.

Phil

NICE set 'o pings Baylor. :)

What is the one in the lowest row, third plant from the left? I see those a lot in people's collection but can never find one. Is it a pure species or a hybrid?

Looking pretty good, especially the 'Pirouette'!

Thanks everyone! After many questions and unfortunately some expired plants, I seem to be getting a cultivation technique down.

Fryster, that is good ole Pinguicula agnata (pure species). Very robust grower. It has yet to send up a flower stalk, but I am hoping this will be the season.

Thanks Jim! You know, I owe most of my collection to you!

it is actually 'pirhoutte' that is still acclimating to my conditions. I've since moved it closer to the T5s so that and 'Sethos' will color up.

Too early to tell, but one of your unknowns resembles P. gracilis.

wow, What is your secret haha. Mine died, and I have one successful cutting which is really small. Should I put something dry on the top, what do you use? I think its a primoflora.

FWIW, here's an old picture of P. gracilis:

IMG_0249.jpg

I'll go out on a limb and call P. esseriana on the in-focus unknown ping.

Jason

Back