What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fertilizing pings

Baylorguy

"Oh, now he's a philosophizer"
I found fragments of fertilizing answers but want to ensure I know what I am doing so I do not ruin my collection. I purchased Green Light 20-20-20 all purpose plant food (it is water soluble). First off, I am assuming this is safe to use. Second, how much do I actually want to dilute it? Say per gallon or per cup.

Thanks for your help.

Phil

I don't know about Green Light but I use Alaskan fish emulsion (5-1-1) at full strength and carefully drip the brackish fluid onto ping and dew leaves. They seem to like it and it's pretty convenient to use. It's a good way to feed indoor plants AND there are no unsightly insect carcases cluttering up your plant leaves. ;)

Baylorguy,
I use a TDS meter to measure my fertilizer solution's concentration. I use about 16-18 ppm of fertilizer dissolved in purified water. It amounts to a quantity that would cover the head of a thumbtack with a thin layer, dissolved in a pint of water.

Back