What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is happening to my pings?

nightsky

Lover of Mountains
I only have about 5 months experience with pings, so I'm new to them. I have a couple that are entering the succulent phase, and don't look to well. My media is sand/vermiculite/perlite/peat in equal parts, with a topping of 1" of APS. Under 4 t8's 16 hours a day, with the rest of my pings.

I've been top watering these, lightly, every other day or so. But these two specifically are turning brown and shriveling:

esseriana:
8-19-09002.jpg

cyclosecta:
8-19-09001.jpg

I can see little tiny new leaves on the esseriana, so I'm hoping the leaves shriveling up aren't a big deal.

But the cyclosecta looks like crap!! It looks like a goner to me. Any ideas?

Ugh, crap. Thanks for heads up. Doesn't look good though.

If they are your only plants of those types, try salvaging some leaves for cuttings in the hopes of at least a few of them sprouting plantlets. Use only the healthy leaves that don't have any browning at the base of the leaf. Browning indicates the leaf is already infected and chances of it sprouting aren't as good.

Back