What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a couple of pings still in flower...

Some of my pings are still putting on a show up here in the North West....its a competition between my agnata and esseriana lol, both are on about their 7th flower in the past 3 months or so...my xTitan only produced one flower....but here are a couple pics of the agnata and esseriana flowers that are going right now, each one has another flower developing...

Pinguicula agnata
DSC02703.jpg

Pinguicula esseriana
DSC02705.jpg

Very nice. I am the opposite... I can't get my agnata to flower for the life of me, but my Titan sent up 4 within about a month.

I really like the color on your agnata.

Thanks Baylor, im not sure what triggered my agnata to start flowering like this...lol but it has definitely loved the time its spent in my greenhouse

Well I've HEARD that cooler nights may help induce flowering. I wonder if that could be the case with yours? I see you're in Washington, so you definitely get more of a temperature drop at night than I do in San Antonio, Texas. Mine are indoors under lights, so the temperature is more constant.

And I can't get either of the afore-mentioned plants to flower. Regardless of cold nights my Aphrodites, gypsicola, and moranensis huautla x ehelresiae are the only ones inclined to flower. I have no idea why.

So this morning I just noticed that with 2 flowers already opened... my P. Titan is now sending up yet another one. That makes 5 flowers in 1 month :) I think it is stuck in bloom mode.

Thank you so much for the post. It's really useful.

My agnatas have not bloomed this year, My moranensis starts developing a flower bud then aborts. Not sure why yet.....

Back