What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What the heck is a Pinguicula Conantha?

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
Ok, so I ordered some seeds from a carnivorous plant nursery. I ordered them about two weeks ago, and they arrived last week. I ordered Byblis seeds and Pinguicula Caerulea seeds. However, when the seeds arrived, the packet of Pinguicula seeds said "Pinguicula Conantha". I figured it was just a typo. I just checked the site a minute ago and now it says they are Pinguicula Conantha (Temperature) seeds.

What the heck is this species? I've never heard of it.

I looked it up, and there is no conantha. There is, however, a P. ionantha.

I looked it up, and there is no conantha. There is, however, a P. ionantha.

I just emailed the nursery asking what seeds were sent to me and explained that Conantha doesn't exist.

I'm a little perturbed if the nursery sent me the wrong seeds. I asked for Caerulea seeds, not "Conantha" seeds.

I just emailed the nursery asking what seeds were sent to me and explained that Conantha doesn't exist.
So they sent you seeds, you don't know what they are, they say that such plants don't exist, yet there they are on their catalog... :confused:

I believed it was that Wolfn explained that conantha doesn't exist.

I believed it was that Wolfn explained that conantha doesn't exist.

Yes. It says on the nursery site that they are Pinguicula Conantha seeds. I just sent them an email saying that Pinguicula Conantha doesn't exist.

Maybe a typo due to the mixing of "caerulea" and "ionantha"?

Its a large, extremely robust Ping originally found only in the mountainous regions of Cimmeria. Known for its strong mucilage, and it's ability to handle large, powerful prey.

I would have "bet the bank" on being a misspelling of P. ionatha.

Its a large, extremely robust Ping originally found only in the mountainous regions of Cimmeria. Known for its strong mucilage, and it's ability to handle large, powerful prey.

that just made my day...or minute at least:-))

I would have "bet the bank" on being a misspelling of P. ionatha.

I'm thinking so too, but I hope not. I ordered Caerulea seeds, not Ionatha.

If it turns out they sent me the wrong seeds, I would be a little annoyed, but I actually won't do anything about it because the seeds were only $2 (no tax or shipping cost).

Then try out the seed. It's always good to receive some mysterious seeds and please update us what seed is it later when it showing mature characteristic :D

Back